Denizcilik fakiltesi'nin 1600 e yakın öğrencisi bulunmaktadır. Gemi Kaptanlığı ve Ulaşım departmanlarında eğitim gören öğrenciler, deniz üzerinde hem uygulamalı hem de teorik eğitimler almaktadır. Polonya'nın denizcilik alanındaki başarıları bütün dünyaca bilinmektedir. Szczecin Denizcilik Üniversitesi'nin amacı , dünya ya donanımlı, tecrübeli deniz adamı yetiştirmektedir. Sadece deniz üzerine donanımlı değil, aynı zamanda makina alanında da kendini geliştirmiş bireyler olarak mezun vermektedir.
- 1158 hours of lectures
- 562 hours of general classes
- 1189 hours of laboratories
Specialisation area: Maritime Transport - Curriculum in PDF
The programme is 100% compliant with STCW (The International Convention on Standards of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers).
The curriculum is a perfect choice for those who want to combine studying towards a Bachelor degree with intensive language learning. A unique programme that offers you following your international sea-going career immediately after graduation.
The quality of our teaching, equipment as well as our curricula are accredited not only by Polish Ministry of Education but also by international bodies supervising marine education. These are rock-solid guarantees you will be in the hands of professionals. On graduation and having completed 12 months of sea-time you will receive the Officer of the Watch rank (OOW) which is one of the very first steps in your seafaring career. To get above this rank with undergraduate diplomas from other universities you would have to complete their graduate programmes. The greatest advantage of our offer is that it saves you 2 years of additional education - our unique, integrated undergraduate curriculum of Navigation combines both "up to OOW" and "post OOW" levels. This way you can become a 1st officer or even a captain much, much sooner!
Students of the Navigation programme may participate in the ERASMUS+ programme, regardless of their nationality. That means that also people from outside the EU may go e.g. for a two-months' training period to a company abroad.
As a MUS graduate you can start working aboard any ship under a flag of any country because our diplomas are recognised worldwide. Once your sea service totals over five years, and having passed a central exam, you can become a captain of any sea-going or inland vessel. Working with marine services or commercial fleets will give you satisfaction, great pay, as well as daily portion of challenge and adventure. You could also install yourself on an oil production rig, research vessel, SAR (Search and Rescue) unit or coast guard boat. But if for some reasons you decide you'd rather stay ashore, you will be perfectly qualified to work with maritime authorities, harbour administration or international shipping companies.
Employment options in brief:
- sea and inland water vessels
- international shipping
- merchant fleet, fishing fleet, passenger ships
- oil drilling and production platforms
- on-shore operation and technical services
- maritime administration
- classification institutions and SAR services
- Świadectwo dojrzałości or secondary school certificate giving you the right to apply for admission to higher education institution of any type in the country in which the certificate was issue
- Medical Certificate for seafarers / for service at sea
- English proficiency proof:
International candidates: B2 level certificate in English
Polish citizens are obliged to take an entry test except for candidates who:
- are native English speakers
- hold Cambridge First Certificate or an equivalent certificate
- graduated from a secondary school or a university level programme delivered entirely in English language
- took an examination in English at advanced level during their Matura examination sessions
- obtained at least a "Good" mark at their final examination in English during their university degree programme completed in Poland
Maritime University of Szczecin
All higher education institutions are competing for students nowadays, offering them ever more bizarre degree programmes. In effect, their graduates are confused as to their future career choices. What we offer is your immediate employability after graduation and a very well-paid profession. And during your time spent at our University – first of all lots of interesting study material along with practical training. Classes are conducted in numerous laboratories and simulators which you can see yourself during our Open Days. Our students can frequently benefit from internships co-financed from the EU and hosted by both Polish and foreign companies.
Maritime University - watch the video with our students :)Combine higher education and adventure! Our awesome students, always willing to help you. You will never be left alone. We have many students clubs where you can develop your passions!
Marine education in our Academy - most significant assets
- degree programmes in Polish language are tuition-free for EU citizens and holders of Polish Card
- scholarships and bursaries available
- accommodation in our dormitories in the very city centre – 90€ / month
- intensive foreign language courses
- international community – nearly 300 international students
- modern labs and simulators
- 16 sport sections, a choir, a swimming pool, a shooting gallery
- after graduation, secured career path in a well paid profession
Maritime University - secure career path for maritime college graduatesThe European Union has over 3.5 million jobs directly related to the maritime economy and sectors such as biotechnology, renewable energy sources, coastal and maritime tourism. In consequence, there is great demand for graduates from maritime universities or maritime colleges (there is a slight difference between a maritime college and a marine college but basically both of them prepare their students for work at sea or sea related posts). They have extensive knowledge of navigation, ship operation, shipbuilding and other areas related to maritime economy. Our classes offer both theoretical background as well as practical training, you will certainly use in real work situations. Maritime studies will be a profitable investment in your future. It is a natural next step for all graduates of maritime colleges on their education path.
Marine college - how it differs from Maritime University?We are better than just a marine college or a maritime college because we offer you not only professional training and certificates, genuine work experience but also a university diploma - all in one! Our degree programmes are an excellent choice for anyone who is interested in starting a career at sea. Working in the maritime sector is extremely rewarding not only in terms of high salaries. If you decide to work aboard a ship, travel opportunities will be countless, including ones to the most exotic places around the globe. Shore-based positions are not less interesting to start with port services, shipbuilders through designers or search and rescue officers. Regardless of what your choice may be, we will prepare you better for your future career than a marine college, giving you the best technical knowledge, practical training and a university diploma. Numerous specializations within our programmes in Navigation or Mechanical engineering will offer something of interest for any sea-enthusiast.
Maritime University of Szczecin is a holder of Accreditations for Marine Education Entities attesting to compliance of our teaching process with teaching and training requirements imposed by the STCW Convention which defines international standards of training and certification for seafarers. It means that graduates of our maritime studies are eligible to apply for certificates of competency and undertake officer positions aboard any ship in any place of the world.
For example, as a graduate from navigation faculty at the Maritime University of Szczecin, your diploma will be recognised worldwide because, due to international law, your qualifications will be the same as of any other graduate of such faculty around the world. After four years of studying at Maritime University you will become a deck officer and a Bachelor of Science at the same time. The advantage you gain when studying at our University is that with our diploma you can already advance in your sea-going career past the rank of officer of the watch (OOW). To do that with other universities you need to complete graduate maritime studies.
Additionally, all degree programmes (both sea-going and shore-based) conducted by the University have received a positive review from the Polish Accreditation Committee (PKA).
At our University we believe practical training to be of core significance, which is particularly important when it comes to marine studies. Our students do their work placements both at sea and on shore, depending on their major.
The list of undergraduate maritime studies offered at MUS
- Navigation - programme delivered in Polish and English language (main specialties: maritime transport; deep-sea fisheries; marine traffic engineering; Search & Rescue)
- Naval Architecture (specialties: ship design and construction; yacht design and construction)
- Geodesy and Cartography (specialties: hydrography; geoinformatics)
- Computer Science (specialties: maritime Informatics; programming; multimedia technologies)
- Transport (specialties at Faculty of Navigation: safety of marine transport; technologies and navigation systems; technologies of unmanned systems)
- Mechanical Engineering / Marine Engineering (main specialty: operation of ship power plants)
- Mechatronics (main specialty: marine electro automation)
- Transport (specialties at Faculty of Economics and Transport Engineering: operation of ports and maritime fleet; inland navigation; logistics of integrated transport; operation of yacht ports; operation of container terminals)
- Logistics (main specialties: logistics and management in the European transport system; operation of container terminals; metropolitan logistics; logistics of yacht ports).